During holding of the jubilee events devoted to the 15- th. Anniversary of ICWC on April 24, 2007 in Almaty, Republic of Kazakhstan was held the Regular Meeting of the Board of IFAS.
In the Board meeting work of IFAS have taken part the delegations of the states-founders of IFAS at the head of the Board of IFAS members (representative members), the directors of Branches and members of the Executive Committee of IFAS, REC for CA, Japan Water Forum, ÀPWF, Global Water Partnership CACENA, UNDP, UNESCO and other representatives.
The meeting was chaired by the Chairman of the Water Resources Committee under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan Mr. Ryabtcev A.D.
The Minister of melioration and water resources of the Republic of Tajikistan Mr. Hamidov M.Ya. has read out the salutatory message of the President of IFAS, the President of the Republic of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon to the participants of the Board meeting of IFAS.
The Heads of the delegation of the Central Asian states also have addressed the salutatory speech.
The Board of IFAS has considered the following questions:
- on ICWC activity for 15 years;
- on the Executive Committee of IFAS activity for the period of 2006 and the ASBP realization, initiated by the Heads of the CA states;
- Action plan of the Board of IFAS for the next two years;
- Preparations for the 1-st. Asian Pacific Water Summit, where the theme of the Aral ecological catastrophe should be emphasized to attract the special attention of the world community for the joint overcoming of its consequences.
- On the «Aral-HYCOS» and «Swiss Support to NHMS in the Aral Sea Basin» projects. The project is directed to the potential strengthening of NHMS of the Central Asian states, as well as the Regional Center of Hydrology and its problems solution on the short-middle and long-term forecasting of water resources, dangerous phenomena and exchange of information between the Central Asian countries.
The Acting Chairman of the Executive Committee of IFAS Mr. S. Rakhimov has presented the information on every question. A number of the comment and proposals have been made by the meeting participants, which were taken into account by the decision-making.
After the public discussion on results of the meeting work are adopted the appropriate Board Decisions of IFAS.